intro

A random series of articles on war gaming in 40K, FOW and other systems. The headings are, WiP; Conversions and models in various states of assembly. PiP; Paint works on various models. Mission Critical; scenarios or missions to bring a bit of a twist to a normal game. MiA; rules for units and characters that could/should/might appear in a game. Dig In; How to guides on making various types of terrain for different game systems. Sit Rep; Battle reports and after action reports on games played

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Wip (Saga, M&T): Getting bready with Greenstuff



Bready levy archers
just a quick update on some Green stuff shenanigans.  My Norse Gaels warband is currently at six points but I would like to bulk it out for possible future big games. I was looking around for some suitable levy bowmen but could not find any suitable candidates. In the end at Tactica I picked up some Gripping Beast Pict bowmen on discount. To convert them into Norse Gaels I am playing around with some bren stuff breads and hopefully some other fashion items to make them better blend into the band.

Wip indina domes Bluemoon version on the left, DIY version on the right


Also on the Greenstuff front I am making some homes for my M&T indians. Todate most of our games have involved indians attacking europeans homesteads. It might be more accurate to have
some indian camps being under attack from the settlers. Most of the indian homes consist of tree bark tied to poles which are lashed together. For the ropes I just used a green stuff and slashed it repeatly to give the illusion of overlapping ropes.


Back pack time
Finally, the left over green stuff is going into some instant models for another project I am working on.

That is all for now thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Frank O Donnell said...

I like what your doing mate with the home made huts very clever, the little backpacks look great & the beards are a great way to make models look Norse.

Post a Comment